Allahabad Institute of Engineering & Technology
19th Milestone, Gohania, Rewa Road, NH-27, Allahabad
Mob. No. 9598050255, 9598050251
Vatsalya Jan Kalyan Samiti
6/8 Elgin Road,Civil Lines Allahabad-211001
Allahabad Institute of Engineering and Technology is one of the prominent technical Institutes amongst the other technical Institutes of the Region. The Institute is located at village Panwar, 19th Milestone, Rewa Road, NH-27, Allahabad, the outskirts of Allahabad city encircled by a vast area of lush green campus. The corporate world of today is complex. Information Technology is rapidly changing the way business is done. Surviving and growing in this business environment require a thorough understanding and mastery over the ever changing business practices as well as the skill to exploit technology for the benefit of the business. Thus ever-changing and ever-evolving technology is transforming virtually every aspect of human existence. However, the supply of these professionals is less than the steadily growing demand. Therefore to provide India and the world with competent engineers, line managers and technocrats, the Allahabad Institute of Engineering & Technology is formed under the able directorship of Prof.(Dr.) K.B. Gupta AIET has a dream to develop an educational city having the aim to develop an educational hub of all kind of professional studies and activities under one roof with world class infrastructure and facility.
- Information Technology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
TThe computer Centre of the Institute is one of the best designed and equipped labs in this field. There are number of machines of the intel, Dual Core, cutting edge communication technology by BSNL, which constitute the core computing facilities of various departments. The centre has latest software technologies connected with LAN/WAN and dedicated internet connection. It also has a Cyber Surfing Lab, which will provide the Internet facility to students and to faculty members as well.
AIET has hostel facility for boys and girls separately. Each hostel has all necessary facilities like a Mess, Medicare, Indoor games, and means of communication. The rooms are ethnically designed keeping in mind all basic requirements for the students. All the arrangements in the hostels have been made to provide recreational room, mess with variety of nourishing, hygienic and good food at reasonable rate with 24 hours monitoring.
AIET is having Bus facility for students and faculty members for to and fro journey from various points in the Allahabad city to AIET, Gohania, Allahabad.
Laboratories and Workshops:
Knowledge rendered without application is not fruitful. One can not learn perfectly unless he or she experiences properly. Thus, to facilitate the practical implementation of theoretical learning, AIET premises is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories and workshop. Institute is ready to actively cater to the needs of students by making the latest equipments and instruments available for experimentation. Laboratories have been constructed with care and caution, keeping in mind the safety of our students and faculty members.
The main Labs in AIET campus are as under:
- Electrical Engineering Lab
- Computer Science & IT Labs
- CAD & CAM LAB
- Mechanical Engineering Lab
- Physics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Professional communication Lab
- Mechanical Work Shop
- Electronics Labs.
- PCB & Electrics Work shop etc.
- Many other Labs as per courses requirements.
At AIET, we have constructed our own engineering workshop to enable realistic experiences using model tools and experiments so that, the students graduating from our institute play a leading role in big projects of tomorrow.
Library and Information System:
Being an important organ the Library at AIET is today a fully equipped information center. There is a constant effort to modernize and upgrade the library. The management makes it sure that the library should be of better standard. We are proud that the library since its beginning just 2 years back have increased and upgraded its capacity tremendously.
The library is rich with valuable collection of Engineering and MBA books, journals, CD/DVDs, etc. The library is spread over a total area of 650 sq. mtr. (Which includes reading hall of 300 sq. mtr.)Presently there are 2000 titles which make more than 10,000 volumes of books. This figure will increase by 50% by the end of May 2010.
In addition there is regular flow of 36 journals for students to refer. More journals will follow as they are under process. You can also find various top newspapers and periodicals in regular flow like the Times of India, Hindustan Times, India Today and Outlook.
Constant effort is also made to increase CD/DVD. Slides, Course Handouts, Project Report Collections on various fields through internet and other sources.
AIET is a institute which is going to and has just cleared the first batch this year with a placement recoprd that is worth mentioning.To cater to the requirements of the highly competitive age, our Institution established a Training & Placement Cell at the appropriate time to provide assistance and guidance to the students in getting quality employment. Subsequently, AIET arranged and made efforts to get associated with a number of companies for immense training and employment opportunities for our students. Besides this, we are committed to have close tie-ups with important organizations to provide us an edge. Not only this, AIET will try to enjoy tie-ups with prestigiouscorporate houses to assist students in securing a seat for ‘implant’ industrial training and employment and also for tailor made programmes. Also there will be regular induction programmes conducted by experts in the field of industry specific soft skills and personality development since the commencement of the course.
Rules & Regulations:
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in the Institute and out side the institute- bus, hostel and canteen.
- In case of involvement of any student in the ragging, following punishment shall be awarded
- Fine of minimum Rs.1000/ for minor incident
- In case of serious incidents or repetition of incident the student concerned shall be temporarily suspended for a year or Permanent dismissal from the institute.
- Every student must be courteous with other students, Professors and other staff members. A minimum fine of Rs.100/- will be charged for any misbehavior with classmates. However, students are free to give healthy feed back to the Director or the Secretary through suggestion box or directly meeting with them. Their names will be kept confidential.
- Punctuality should be strictly observed. Students must be present in the classroom five minutes before the commencement of institute hours. A fine of Rs10/- will be charged for not attending one class or a fine of Rs30/- for one day for unauthorized absenteeism from the institute. A student may not be allowed to appear in the end semester examination due to short attendance as per UPTU directives.
- No student will be allowed to leave the institute without written Permission of Dean, student welfare.
- In case Director/Proctorial Board orders punishment to any student, he/she will not be allowed to attend classes till he fulfils the necessary instruction contained there in the order.
- Smoking as well as chewing bittel/tobacco products inside the institute campus is strictly prohibited. A minimum fine of Rs100/- will be charged from the erring student. This fine may also be charged from those students who move in the company of smoker.
- Students in the prescribed uniform only will be allowed inside the institute.
- Students are expected to take care of the property of the institute. They must inform to the director if any student is involved in damaging the property of the institute. Any damage to the property will be recovered from the students either individually or collectively as the case may be. Additional fine/punishment may also be decided as per the severity of the case.