ALVA’S INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
Shobhavana Campus, Mijar
Moodbidri – 574 225
Karnataka State – INDIA.
Alva’s Education Foundation is a multifaceted organization created by Dr. M. Mohan Alva considered as the crown of Moodbidri. It has 20 education institutions with more than 20,000 students. It is a trust registered under Trust Act with an objective of catering to the need of cultural and educational development. It started its activity in the year of 1995 with Nursing and Ayurveda streams of education. Now it has primary to Post Graduate courses in General Education, Para Medical Courses, Engineering and Management, Alternative Medicine, encompassing students from all over India and abroad.
Alva’s First Grade College established in the year of 1998. Presently it offers 28 UG (Under Graduate) and 21 PG (Post Graduate) programmes. Alva’s College is known for integration of cultural and sport activities with academics. We have been recognized as a premier institute under Mangalore University. We provide hundred percent placement opportunities for all eligible candidates. More than thirty certificate courses are offered to supplement professional development. We have been bagging highest number of ranks in the Mangalore University examinations and retained the championship of sports and cultural activities since ten years.
To produce excellence in higher education imparting the innovative thoughts, converting it a platform for cultural performance and a seat of high learning and research and totally helping to achieve self integrity and national integration.
- Creating an environment for imparting quality education, incorporating scientific humanitarian and cultural components
- An innovation and experimentation of newer areas of knowledge
- Carrying out and facilitate the new knowledge to the rural and the urban; the deprived and the elite without disparity
- An endeavor to achieve and perform worldview
- To provide need based education, especially that of employability
- To re insinuate the cultural art form both the classical and the folk.
- To fulfill socio-economic needs of the youth of the coastal region.
- To train up the local to compete with the global.
- To mould every student into a better individual and a citizen.
- To enable the student s respect community value in addition to the national.
- To provide opportunities for performing one’s individuality.
- As cultural and academic seat to produce the marketable and employable citizens.
Hospitality Science (Hotel Management)
B.C.A. – Bachelor of Computer Application
- Political Science,
- English (Opt.),
- Physical Education
- Computer application
- With Tax Procedure
- B.B.M. – Bachelor of Business Management
- B.A. HRD – Human Resource Development
- Computer Science
- Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- Applied Botany
- Applied Zoology
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Banking & insurance
M.C.J. – Master of Communication and Journalism
- Master of Social Work
The ambience and the infrastructure created to make teaching learning effective and integrated with cultural and personal ethos has been widely appreciated by everybody. The artistic campus provides every possible facility to its students.
Boarding and communication:
- Separate hostels for Boys and Girls
- Well built auditoriums
- Post office
Health and life support:
- Hospital s with student friendly and subsidized treatment in allopathic, Auyrveda and Homeopathic systems.
- Naturopathic treatment for life order disorders
- Yoga center and guided yoga and pranayama for all needy students free of cost.
- Counseling service free of cost
- Library open round the clock on all the days of year
- Digital library
- Photocopy ,project work and book binding
- Stationary and computer and internet services
- Herbarium and well equipped laboratories
Sport and fitness:
- Various outdoor and indoor games facilities.
- Multigym .
- Play grounds and coaching for various sport events
- Transport facility to and fro to college for all the hostellers.
- Transport for special occasions and competitions.