Bheemanna Khandre Institute of Technology
Bheemanna Khandre Institute of Technology, Bhalki (Formerly known as Rural Engineering College, Bhalki) in Bidar district of Karnataka State, located at the northern tip of Karnataka established in September 1982 is one of the best engineering colleges not only in Karnataka but in whole of India. It has got complete characteristics of a Regional Engineering College where about 50% students are from Karnataka and the rest 50% are from all parts of India i.e. Bihar, Jharkhand, Delhi, UP, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Assam, Manipur, West Bengal, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh etc.
This college is approved by AICTE, New Delhi; affiliated to VTU, Belgaum and sanctioned by Govt of Karnataka. Its various courses are accredited by NBA, AICTE, New Delhi.
The college has very magnificent building and good infrastructure featuring about 50,000 sq.m. builtup area, well equipped laboratories, workshops, drawing halls, seminar halls, big library having about 65,000 books and more than 1500 journals including e-subscribed, lecture halls, computer centre, departmental computer centres, browsing centres with broadband internet connectivity, 03 boys hostels accommodating about 700 boys and 02 girls hostels accommodating 350 girls, canteen, bank, gymnasium, sport facilities, Training & Placement Cell, NSS, Student Welfare Office, EDP Cell, STEP, Co-Operative store and Consultancy Cell etc.
UG Courses :
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Digital Communication and Networking
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Water Resources Management
- MCA:Master of Computer Application
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Training & Placement:
Knowledge alone is no longer enough to get ahead or to get a good job was the firm belief behind inception of T & P Cell back till 1993. Prime objective of functioning of T & P Cell is to assist, advice and train the student community empowering them to corporate requirements.
Cell aims to help students of BE & MCA for their career options to host range of information on inplant training, employment, personality development, soft skills, campus placement including individual counseling. Cell regularly conducts career guidance programmes, employability enhancement training, personality development programme along with more important entrepreneurship awareness and development.
Enabling students to lace with the latest and update them to shape their career, Cell undertakes series of lecture session, group discussion, seminars and workshops to prepare resumes & other interview requirements so as to make up the core competencies of the individual. Cell constantly liaise with number of private and public sector organizations with a view to update prospective employees and to make sure for campus recruitments. Time to tome several memorandum of understanding (MOU) have been signed to meet industry expectations. T&P Cell is in constant touch with alumni in utilizing their expertise and to have better industry institute interactions.
- To cater the needs of the students, staff and even the Management, the college has got various centralized facilities such as
- Training and Placement Cell to take care of students training and on/off campus placement.
- Central Library having more than 65,000 books and is open up to 12.00 midnight.
- EDUSAT for relay of classes on subjects through V.T.U and I.S.R.O.
- E-VIDYA to provide on line reading materials.
- Health Center to take care of health by Doctors.
- BKIT Consumer Cooperative Store to provide essential items at reasonable cost.
- BKIT Cooperative Society to take care of well being for employees.
- Reprographic Center having facilities for photocopying, printing, scanning etc.
- Browsing Centers to facilitate internet browsing at different places.
- Security and Vigilance for the students and employees in the college and hostels.
- Canteen to take care of breakfast, working lunch, tea, coffee etc.
- Local Guardianship Scheme to give the homely care to students by faculty.
- Student Welfare Officer to take care of students welfare in various aspects.
- ATM, Extension Counter of State Bank of Hyderabad (Bhalki Branch) and Post office.
- Sports, Gymnasium and many more facilities and amenities.
The college campus including hostels and in proximity areas is fully alive with chirping, chattering and humming among various activities viz playing different sports and games, NSS activities, participating in various students clubs, cultural events, co-curricular activities, training and placement activities, veering around during the college hours and afterwards as per need. All the three boys hostels and two girls hostels as well as nearby students residential buildings have full of active life in the evening hours and even during nights. Students feel that mini India resides here itself.