GOVERNMENT COLLEGE, MANDYA
Tele Fax :08232-220039
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Mandya (named after a mythological Rishi by name ‘Maandavya’), one of the important districts of South Karnataka known for its world famous Krishna Raja Sagara (more popularly known as KRS) is the green-belt and sugar bowl of Karnataka.
Under the initiative and vision of His Highness Sri Krishnaraja Wodeyar of Mysore State and his Diwan Sir M. Vishweswaraya for imparting higher education of excellence to state subjects, University of Mysore came into existence in 1916, thus opening an era of distinctive education in the part of erstwhile Mysore state. No wonder that the learning centres started springing up in and around the capital city -Mysore, Mandya being one amongst the beneficiaries because of its natural resources – River Cauvery, the main stream of populace and agriculture.
The Government Intermediate College of Science had its inception in 1948 at Mandya with a broad view to provide higher education to rural masses at affordable cost and convenience. With Sri N. Nagesh Rao as Founder -Superintendent of the college, and with a modest strength of about eighty, and a simple structure (located at the Municipal Office building of the present day), the college made rapid strides in terms of both the strength and the structure. Faculty of arts at the Intermediate level was started around 1952. College got affiliation to University of Mysore in the year 1960.
Due to the thinking and vision of knowledgeable for education, a mass movement was started from generous contributions and donations from the public, for acquiring lands to a new college. A vast area of about 35 acres of green land got earmarked for the purpose, at the western end of town, close to the Mysore-Bangalore main way. Foundation stone for the building was laid in 1952 , by no less a person than His Highness Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)
Post Graduate course:
- Master of Commerce (MCom)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Physics, with specialization in Solid State Physics.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Computer Science
- Master of Arts in Political Science (MA – Pol. Science)
- Master of Arts in English (MA – English)
Mock Interviews and group discussions and special lectures and training programmes have been conducted to enable the students to be successful in tests and interviews. IN 2005-2006, Infosys-Progeon, HP, Wep Peripherals HSBC, L&T, Trans works and other leading MNC’S have recruited 13 students in the campus interview.
Placement Cell provides the current information about the various job opportunities for students. Recently, Wipro Ltd, Bangalore and Apex Laboratories, Bangalore conducted campus interviews in our college. Five students were selected by them in the academic year 2008-09.
Spacious Auditorium : The college has a spacious auditorium to conduct special events with the capacity to seat 2000 people.
Audio / Video Room : Equipped with LCD projector and TV
Hostel : Hostel facility is provided by the social welfare department for the students from economically backward family.
Canteen : Established canteen with Hygienic and nutritious food at moderate rate is provided.
Other Facilities : Units of NCC and NSS, Conselling cell, Career guidance cell, Women redressal cell, Free internet browsing facility centre.
- The students seeking in our prestigious institution should pay a prescribed fee (For the current year it is of Rs. 23/-) and get an application form from the office.
- They need to fill their name, father’s name, mother’s name, Date of Birth, Annual income of the parents/guardians, Address of the parent/guardian, Nationality, Birth place of the student, Caste, Group, Details regarding the Institution in which the student was studying previously, Examination Reg. No., and year of passing, Percentage of marks obtained in Optional, and in all subjects together, No of attempts taken to pass the final examination, Subjects taken in the qualifying examination,
- They have to fill up the Subjects seeking as first language, Combinations opted for the degree studies – Three in order of preference.