GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE
State :- Gujarat.
To transform students into good human beings, responsible citizens and employable engineering graduates through imbibing human values and excellence in technical education
Our mission is to educate students from the local and rural areas, so they become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their families, industry and society. We will provide individual attention, quality education and take care of character building.
Government Engineering College (GEC), Bhavnagar is a State Governed institution offering multidiscipline undergraduate programmes in engineering recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
This institute is affiliated to and Gujarat Technological University (GTU), Ahmedabad. New campus of the institute was inaugurated by Hon. Chief Minister of Gujarat State, Shri Narendrabhai Modi on 18th Feb, 2009 and is located just 1.5 KM away from the State transport Depot and 2.5 KM away from Bhavnagar Railway Station. The institute is having huge newly constructed buildings and separate blocks for E.C Department, Mechanical and Production, Library Building, Amenity Building, Works Shop and Administrative Building. Government engineering college,Bhavnagar has always been active in improving the library facility.
It offers its services to about 1000 students of different branches of engineering and faculty and staff from various departments of the institute and neighboring institution.The institute is spread over 43400 meter square of land area with 14300 square meters of land having huge newly constructed buildings and separate blocks for Electronics and Communication Department, Mechanical and Production Department, Library Building, Amenity Building, Works Shop and Administrative Building.
Our mission is education. We achieve this mission through our teaching, research, and public service activities by:
• Educating, inspiring, and mentoring future leaders of our profession and society that are prepared to meet 21st century challenges in a global economy through participation and collaboration of Public and Private organizations.
• Serving as a reliable, highly capable resource for society, the profession, and the university through activities in professional organizations, campus committees, consultancy, and continuing education.
• Performing forward-looking research — both applied and theoretical — that will positively impact and improve our profession and society.
COMPUTER / I.T. ENGINEERING :
To produce graduates according to the need of industry, government, society and scientific community.
• To develop partnership with industries, government agencies and R & D Organizations for knowledge sharing and overall development of faculties and students.
• To solve industrial, government agencies, societal and political issues by applying information techniques.
• To motivate students/graduates to be entrepreneurs.
• To motivate students to participate in reputed conferences, workshops, symposiums, seminars and related technical activities.
• To impart human and ethical values in our students for better serving of society.
ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING:
To develop ICT enabled classrooms to improve learning outcomes of the engineering graduates.
• To Equip laboratories with the latest technology to help students to understand fundamental as well as complex electronics phenomena in the best possible way.
• To Enhance library and laboratory resources to encourage students to pursue research work and take up challenging problems from industry.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING :
To Offer well balanced programme of theoretical and practical instructions and to motivate students to take on industry defined and innovative projects related to Mechanical engineering
“To offer need based technical programs and services in the area of Production Engineering to meet the ever changing expectations of the society and industry to their ultimate satisfaction, by playing a pivotal role in the overall development of the society.”
Government Engineering College, Bhavnagar has always been active in improving the library facility. It offers its service to about 1500 students of different branches of engineering and faculties from various departments of the institute and neighboring institute. The college has procured more than 13000 books comprising of text books and various reference books costing more than 24,00,000 Rs. The library software is also procured and college is planning to automate its operations.
The Institute has latest computer facility having 290 computers, and 2 Mbps of broadband internet connectivity. The institute campus has Wide Area Network.
The institute has canteen which provide fresh and good food to all student.