Government Engineering College,Hassan
Opposite Dairy Circle, BM Road ,Hassan-573201,Karnataka
Ph : 08172-240444 , FAX : 08172-240644 , Email : principal(at)gechassan(dot)ac(dot)in
CET counselling helpline center : 08172-240046
Government Engineering College, Hassan (GECH) started in the year 2007 is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
The Government of Karnataka under Department of Technical Education established 10 engineering colleges during the year 2007-08. GEC Hassan is one such college established with four branches of engineering namely, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering.
A huge building with planned utilities has come up in forty acres land. The Government of Karnataka started these Government Engineering Colleges with one of the objectives
“Reaching The Unreached”
As quoted by renowned educator Nido Qubein,”Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start”, our Institution, although having a rough start, is slowly evolving to become one of the elite technical institutes providing quality technical education.
The Students are admitted to college only through CET with very normal tuition fee. Most of students admitted are from weaker economical background. They either get fee reimbursement by Government Of Karnataka or scholarships from various social welfare departments.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
The information society has brought developments in the way information is created, consolidated, and accessed. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has produced larger volumes of information, new ways of packaging information, and new tools for managing information to meet the changing demands of the user community. In view of the complex information needs of the society, the library and information centre have to play a greater role in building, developing, and disseminating information
The GECH Library acts as a central knowledge centre for students and faculty of the college and the collection of this knowledge center comprise of documents in Engineering subjects (Civil, E&C, Mechanical and CS & E). Efforts are ongoing to provide computerized library services by skilled Information professionals and systematic organization of documents are the major functions of the library. Preparations are on-going to make the library catalogue searchable and can be browsed online.
The Institute has an active training and placement cell, catering to the needs of our outgoing students.The institute is an associate member of cocubes.com and also planning to tie up with Edista Software Testing for placements. We are also communicating with companies like Infosys, TCS technology, HCL, Accenture, Wipro etc for conducting in-Campus drives.
Following companies have visited our institution for placements
1.Customized Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
4.Oracle Financial Services
5.Global Edge Software
6.Larsen and Tubro
8. Razor Think Technogies
To become an exemplary institution for engineering and technology to create high quality engineering professionals with the support of best academic environment and creative faculty members.To develop a student community to be recognized for their technical competency, leadership qualities, ethical behavior and to reach the unreached. Also a leading center of excellence for engineering education, training, research and development and innovations and industrial consultancy.
- To produce Internationally competitive, high caliber Engineering professionals
- To enounce the commitment of faculty and students to the centrality of diversity social justice and democratic citizenship.
- To initiate and participate in community activities that will serve as avenue for applying knowledge in engineering for the benefit of the community.
- To provide technical solution through relevant research and consultancy.
- To provide a creative and the best possible education facilities for studies, training research, development and innovations, extension of work relevance amongst the students and faculty.
- To trainee the students and prepare them in terms of effective communication require for career in engineering and technology which enables them to function ethically and
- To establish linkages and mutual assistance endeavors with Government, industry of other institutions in the areas of engineering education, research and extension services.
- To create a model mentorship to provide a mentored educational experience to students of all cross section of the society.
- To provide opportunities to faculty to update their qualifications, knowledge and skills through higher education, seminars and conferences which enable them to disseminate, to enhance knowledge to student community.