Jawaharlal Nehru University
Lsate date: 30th December, 2017
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi
Biotechnology is a multi-disciplinary area on the educational scene and programmes have been developed to meet the growing demand for trained manpower for any meaningful Biotechnology activity. The Government of India has allotted high priority for the development of Biotechnology and its exploitation in agriculture and other related disciplines.
Anna University, Chennai (30 Seats):
The Centre for Biotechnology was established in 1987 in Anna University with a financial support from the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India with the objectives of providing excellent state-of-art educational and research facilities in frontier areas of Biotechnology. The Centre also carries out fundamental and translational research to develop technologies to benefit society. It also promotes research and consultancy services in Biotechnology and Food Technology.
The Centre for Biotechnology has two campuses, one at Guindy which houses the teaching and administrative blocks and a R&D campus at Taramani which is called SPIC Bioprocess Facility which houses state-of-art bioprocess laboratories and impressive facilities in Cellular and Molecular Biology. The Centre for Food Technology operates on a separate building offering Teaching, Research and Consultation.
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata (21 Seats):
The Government of West Bengal under its Ministry of Higher Education has set up the Department of Biotechnology with a view to establish a Centre for Excellence in Biotechnology at Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology). The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India is initially supporting this 4-semester M.Tech. programme in Biotechnology at Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology for 5 years. The M.Tech.(Biotechnology) programme took off successfully in early 2003. A good and sufficient infrastructure has been established with the financial support received from the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. The main focus of this department is training of students and developing expertise in various facets of Biotechnology. The research trainings (R&D) that will be undertaken as a part of the future programme, and the knowledge students would gather from the course curricula would help them and the researchers in future to develop commercially viable biotechnological processes/products. Scholarships will be payable at the rates prescribed by the Department of Biotechnology
Certificate And Other Documents Required At The Time Of Admission:
- Two self attested copies of the Matriculation, Higher Secondary Pre-University of Indian School Certificate or Senior School Certificate (10+2) or an equivalent examination certificate, showing the age/date of birth of the candidate;
- A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended;
- Two self attested copies of the statement of marks obtained by the candidate in Senior School, Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree examination etc; or their equivalent examination;
- Two self attested copies of the Bachelor’s Degree and/Master’s Degree;
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate, if belonging to SC/ST/OBC category
- If any information furnished by the candidate in the application form is found to be false, his/her admission, if granted on the basis of such information will be cancelled, ipso facto.
- You fulfil the eligibility requirements as detailed in the Prospectus. You should, appear in the entrance examination only if you fulfil the eligibility requirements for M.Tech. Biotechnology programme. Despite this caution, in case you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria and still appear in the entrance examination, you will do so at your own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that you do not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted to you, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
- Any dispute with regard to any matter relating to admission shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
click above to download