Janki Devi Memorial College
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Marg, New Delhi – 110060
JDMC, a premier women’s college of University of Delhi, endeavours to promote enduring knowledge which is global in its perspective and yet local in its relevance. Students are challenged & inspired to pursue excellence in liberal and performing arts, humanities, commerce and sports, in an environment which is vibrant & constantly evolving. Founded with a vision to empower women, JDMC continues to strive to help its students to develop a capacity to think, lead and change the world.
B. A. :
- Political Science
SEMESTER – I
- (1) Business Organisation & Management
- (2) Financial Accounting
- (3) Microeconomics : Theory and Application – I
- (4) Business Laws
SEMESTER – II
- (1) Business Statistics
- (2) Fundamentals of Computer
- (3) Micro Economics – II
- (4) Corporate Laws
- (5) Hindi / MIL / Foreign Language (from Languages Dept.)
SEMESTER – III
- (1) Business Mathematics
- (2) Income Tax – Law and Practice
- (3) Micro Economics
- (4) Priciples of Marketing
- (5) English / Political Science / Philosophy / Maths (Inter disciplinary)
SEMESTER – IV
- (1) Indirect Tax
- (2) Corporate Accounting
- (3) Cost Accounting
- (4) Human Resource Management
- (5) Indian Economy – Performance and Policies
SEMESTER – V
- (1) Management Accounting
- (2) Financial Management
- (3) a. Auditing | b. E-commerce
- (4) Any one of the following: (a) Corporate Accounting (b) Advertising and Personal Selling (c) Finance Markets, Institutions & Financial Services (subject to minimum number of 20 seats)
SEMESTER – VI
- (1) International Business
- (2) Governors, ethic & Social Responsibility of Business
- (3) Business Communication and Project Work
- (4) Any one of the following: (a) Fundamentals of Investment (b) Business Tax Processing & Management (c) Consumer Relation & Customer Care (subject to minimum number of 20 seats)
Rules & Regulations:
Causing disturbance in or outside class rooms, the office, the library and the playgrounds.
Refusal to participate in the co-curricular or extra-curricular activities of the college or perform duties assigned to them.
Misconduct or misbehavior of any kind specially during elections or students’ meetings.
Damage to the college building, property and books which is strictly prohibited.
Loitering outside the college gates which is not allowed.
Using or Charging Mobile phones in classrooms and corridors is strictly prohibited.
STUDENTS SHOULD COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING
Attendance in daily morning assemblies and long assemblies on Wednesdays is compulsory.
Membership of the college library is compulsory.
Parents/Guardians are requested to cooperate with the college authorities in maintaining discipline and decorum in the college.
Students are expected to be respectful to the faculty and staff of the college.
Students should regularly see college notice boards and website for important information.