M.H. SABOO SIDDIK COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
8, Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Road,
Byculla, Mumbai 400 008e-7.
The Mohammed Haji Saboo Siddik Institute (a Minority Institute) owes its existence to the munificence of the late Mohammed, son of Haji Saboo Siddik, who bequeathed a large sum of money for establishing, conducting and managing the Institute for imparting Vocational, Technical and Industrial Training and Education. The value of the assets, so bequeathed, has grown phenomenally into assets worth crores of rupees.
Subsequently, when the concept of technical high school took shape, a sum of Rupees One Lakh was also received from the assets of his mother, Bai Jimba Bai, after whom one of the buildings has been named in the premises of the Institute.
Originally, the Institute was founded in the year 1936 as a trade school with the object of turning out artisans in some industrial arts and crafts. A major reorganisation in its curriculum took place in the year 1945, as a result of which a few more trade and certificate courses were started and a technical high school was also opened. In 1958, a three-year Diploma programme in Civil Engineering was started and five years later, two more Diploma programmes in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering were added. In the early and late seventies, new Certificate Courses in Television Servicing, Refrigeration and Air- Conditioning, Interior Designing and Decoration, Diesel Mechanic and Mechanical Draughtsmanship were introduced in the Polytechnic. To cope up with the increasing demand, from 1981 t h e Polytechnic has increased the intake capacity from 120 to 180 students for the D i p l o m a programmes in Engineering
Civil Engineering (CE)
Mechanical Engg. (ME)
Electrical Engg. (EE)
Computer Engg. (CO)
Electronics & Telecommunication Engg.
Information Technology (IF)
Interior Designing & Decoration (ID)
- Buildings : Spacious buildings housing Laboratories, Classrooms, Workshop and Drawing Halls
- Equipment : Latest & Modern equipments in all laboratories
- Internet facility for all students
- English Communication Laboratory
- Telephone, Fax, Xerox Facility
- Independent Computer Centres for departments
- Assembly Hall for recreation
- Spacious playground for Extra
- Curricular activities on campus
- Canteen and Medical facility on campus
- Bank Services on Campus
- Spacious Library with Reading room
- Book Bank facility for all students
- Training & Placement Cell
- Industrial Visits, Live Projects from Industry
- Scholarship / Freeships for students
- Promotion for social events & cultural activities
- Entrepreneurship Management Development
- Qualified and Experienced Full Time Faculty
- Supported by Visiting Faculty from reputed Industries and Institutes
- Devoted and dedicated Teaching and Non Teaching staff
The Mohammed Haji Saboo Siddik Institute (A Muslim Minority Institution) owes its existence to the munificence of late Mohammed, son of Haji Saboo Siddik, who bequeathed a large sum of money for establishing, conducting and managing this Institution for imparting Vocational, Technical and Industrial training and education. The value of the assets, so bequeathed, exceeded Rupees Three Crore at the time of donation.