C. H. Area (East)
Jamshedpur – 831001
XLRI was founded in 1949 by Fr. Quinn Enright, S.J. in the Steel City of Jamshedpur.
Fr. Enright visualized XLRI to be a partner in the liberation and development journey of the independent India with a vision of “renewing the face of the earth”. Fr. Bill Tome joined hands with him to bring that vision to fruition. Both, together with the other Jesuit companions, worked tirelessly towards translating the Vision “Renewing the face of the earth” into action.
Over many years XLRI has developed its own identity. The hallmark of this identity is, not to walk on the beaten path but to strike new routes; not to benchmark but to be benchmarked, to be second to none but to be the first to respond to the needs of the people and the nation, by taking up the tasks which are bold but necessary which nobody has hitherto taken up. This enterprising and pioneering spirit can be witnessed throughout the history of XLRI.
Fellow Program in Management (FPM) – ADMISSION:
The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is the Doctoral Programme of XLRI, Jamshedpur. The FPM is a full-time, residential programme that trains prospective scholars to become highly skilled and innovative researchers, management thinkers and teachers in various aspects of management. It primarily aims at preparing students for careers as faculty members at premier academic institutions and for position outside academics requiring advanced research and analytical capabilities.
- Candidates may choose to appear in the XLRI Research Aptitude Test (XL-RAPT) which will be conducted on Saturday, January 7, 2017.
- Candidates may submit UGC JRF/NET; GMAT/GRE/GATE results/scores taken during the last two years. Such candidates will be exempted from appearing in XL-RAPT.
- Candidates who have done their PGP or one year full time GMP/PGPX/Executive PGP from XLRI, any of the IIMs, FMS Delhi, MDI
- Gurgaon, XIM Bhubaneswar, IRMA, SP Jain, School of Management of IITs, NITs, TIFR, TISS, ISI and other comparable institutes, with a CQPI of at least 6.00/8.00 or equivalent will also be exempted from appearing in the XL-RAPT.
- XL-RAPT is conducted for taking admission to Fellow Program in Management (FPM) offered in Economics, Finance, Information
- Systems, Marketing, Production Operations & Decision Sciences, Organizational Behaviour, Personnel Management & Industrial
- Relations, Human Resource Management and Strategic Management specializations for the academic session 2017
- A Master’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) with the Bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification with at least 60 % marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) obtained after a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary education (10+2) or equivalent,
- Five years/four years Integrated Masters Degree programme in any discipline, with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates), obtained after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent
- BE/B.Tech degree or its equivalent with at least 60% marks (50%for SC/ST candidates) and 2 years of relevant work experience
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA or CS with atleast 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates)
- Applicants should note that registration for XL-RAPT 2017 and appearing for XL-RAPT 2017 is the preliminary step towards applying to Fellow Program in Management (FPM). This does not guarantee their admission for the programme.
Call Letters for interviews (in March / April) will be sent as per their recommendations by FPM & Research Committee. Short listed candidates will be required to appear for a personal interview during March-April 2017 at XLRI Jamshedpur for the final selection. The programme will commence in June 2017.
How to Apply:
Interested candidais apply only online mode no other mode will be accepted
Last Date for Applying : 30th November, 2016
Date of Exam : 7th January, 2017
click above to download
click above to download
application form or apply online