State Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
Thuvakkudi, Tiruchirappalli – 620 015.
Phone : 0431-2500660 / 2500188
Fax : 2500960
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The State Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology(SIHMCT), formerly known as Food Craft Institute(FCI) situated at Thuvakkudi, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu, was established on 01/10/1981 by Govt. of India on the land and building transferred from the then Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli (presently National Institute of Technology) measuring 26.57 acres with a building measuring 15,600 sq.ft. It is registered under Societies Act, 1975. It is jointly sponsored by the Govt. of India and Govt.of.Tamil Nadu..The Institute was upgraded from Food Craft Institute to State Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology on 15.12.1998.The institute was started mainly to train and provide jobs to the youth in the various sectors of the hospitality industry, and to develop entrepreneurs. Hospitality industry has the potential of offering millions of direct and indirect job opportunities to the trained manpower.
- BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Diploma in Food production
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery
- Diploma in Housekeeping
- Diploma in Front Office Operation
- Craftsmanship course in Food production and Patisserie
- Craftsmanship course in Food and Beverage Service
SIHMCT has excellent infrastructure to impart effective training and to ensure good learning experience.
- SIHMCT has four kitchens with adequate number of equipments, workstations, and the tools to train the students in food production.
- Has larder room to train the students on the preparation of cold food.
Bakery and Confectionery:
- To train and develop the skills in the preparation of bakery and confectionery goods
- Four numbers of well equipped restaurants are dedicated to training the students in food and beverage service.
- Trains the students in the alcoholic beverage service
- Used for training the students on bed making and preparation of guest rooms
- To train the students on Industrial laundry process
- To develop the communication skills
- Adequate numbers of Computers with internet connectivity are available to provide training on the basics of Computer operations
- A well stocked library with adequate reference and text books, National and International Journals is available
- SIHMCT has adequate number of Spacious, and well ventilated class rooms for theory classes.
- Separate Hostel for boys and girls is available.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates aplly through off line . They send their attested document and photocopy to The Principal,State Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Thuvakkudi,Tiruchirappalli – 620 015
click above to download
more about admission
click above to download