OP Jindal University,
Punjipathra, Raigarh, (C.G.)
Founded by the Jindal Education and Welfare Society, OP Jindal University (OPJU) was set up to bring high quality education to its students based on a world class curriculum, the latest teaching methodology and committed faculty members. The multidisciplinary university aims to develop young professionals and future leaders who will not only power growth and development in the state, but also make a mark globally.
At the core of the university’s philosophy and approach lies the belief that students learn best when exposed to real world situations and when nurtured through enriching interactions with practitioners and professors. We at OPJU believe that every student has innate potential that can be unlocked through quality teaching and mentorship.
OPJU was established by an Act of Legislature in the state assembly of Chhattisgarh in 2014.
Civil Engineering :
The department is recognised for its superior faculty and well-equipped laboratories. It runs a unique programme wherein the students gain professional experience by providing consultancy and testing services to the industry in the region, in partnership with faculty.
To ensure students are proficient in the latest tools and technologies, the department has advanced licensed software like Primavera, STAAD, Pro-2010, and Auto-CAD. Multiple workshops are organised to facilitate constant information sharing with premium institutions across the country. The entire graduating batch of the department achieved top results in the CSVTU examination, a testament to the good academic quality of the programme.
Computer Science and Engineering :
Learning by doing is the driving philosophy of the department. To ensure that students are sought by IT companies, the department provides training in HTML5, cyber security, computer networks and C++. A Center of Excellence with a focus on cloud computing has been established to educate students on cloud applications.
Partnership with the Indo US Collaboration for Engineering Education connects students with experts from US universities through live webinars. The students have also contributed to the development of applications for the Akash Tablet project in partnership with IIT Mumbai. Labs in Android, UNIX, Artificial Intelligence and hardware simulation encourage students to experiment and learn through direct experience.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering :
The department prides itself in possessing some of the finest and most advanced laboratories, equipment and software in central India. One of its unique features is the Centre of Excellence in Power Electronics, set up in collaboration with PRDC Bangalore. It provides students with an opportunity to conduct cutting edge research and training. Simulation platforms such as Lab View, Mi-Power and MATLAB offer students real-life experience, which is highly valued by industry. The department has more than 100 ongoing projects with government labs and industry where students and faculty collaborate to solve real-life problems.
Mechanical Engineering :
With 20 laboratories having more than 30 kinds of major equipment, the department is one of the most innovation-driven departments in the state. The highlights of this infrastructure include equipment and software like Scorbot-ER 9 Robot, CNC lathe machine, CNC milling machine, wind tunnel, Lab View and ANSYS. A Centre for Excellence in Robotics has been established to enable students to learn about and excel in this new and growing field. Additionally, an MoU has been signed with Indo-German Institute of Advanced Technology, Vishakhapatnam, to provide employment oriented training to students. For students aspiring to sit for the GATE exam, the department organises a mock test to help them prepare.
- Residential facility on campus with a capacity of 1,000 students in the boys’ hostel and 300 students in the girls’ hostel
- 24X7 security and biometric access on campus to provide a safe environment
- Zero tolerance policy on ragging
- University transport services for students
- Six-bed health centre with resident medical officer
- Self-sufficient campus with 24-hour ATM, a bank, a post office, a shopping complex, kiosks and barber shops
- Community environment with most faculty and their families living on campus
- The OPJU campus boasts of
- Extensive sports facilities include an indoor badminton court, volleyball courts, a running track, football and cricket grounds
- Well-equipped fitness centre and gymnasium with a qualified instructor
- Multiple hobby clubs, interest groups and student festivals to ensure well rounded personality development
- Multi-cuisine dining halls and a cafe lounge on campus
- Scholarships are awarded to deserving meritorious students
- INR 75,000 O.P. Jindal scholarship: Eligibility – 93%* and above
- INR 50,000 Prithviraj Jindal Scholarship: Eligibility – 88%* and above
- INR 40,000 Sajjan Jindal Scholarship: Eligibility – 85%* and above
- INR 25,000 Ratan Jindal Scholarship: Eligibility – 80%* and above
School of engineering provides strong career support programme personalised to students’ needs:
Aptitude assessment and individual counselling for students to identify areas of interest and potential success
Industry and on-campus mentors for students to help plan careers, further studies etc.
Multiple industry interactions and visits, participation in live projects
Personality and soft-skills development integrated with technical curriculum across all four years
Guidance for competitive and entrance exams for careers and higher education.