Premlila Vithaldas Polytechnic(Womens),
Juhu Road, Santacruz (West), Mumbai-400 049.
Telephone: 26608676, 26608493, 26608462, 26606648 Extn. 253
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
WEBSITE (Polytechnic): www.pvpsndt.org
WEBSITE (University): www.sndt.ac.in
To provide a wide range of job-oriented technical courses for women with a commitment to high quality, value-based and holistic education which is responsive to the needs of the society and the country.To achieve excellence by creating globally competent empowered women technologists through world class education. In 1976, the University set the pace for vocation-oriented education by establishing P.V. Polytechnic where you can select from a range of job-oriented technical courses. P.V. Polytechnic has been commended by experts for producing high quality programs which meet national and international standards of excellence. The consistent efforts in these directions have helped the institution in winning the state level ‘Best Polytechnic’ award conferred by the Goverment of Maharashtra in the Year 1994-95.
The courses at Premlila Vithaldas Polytechnic have been selected to specially suit the interests and aptitudes of women. The unconventional platter of courses offered includes Administration, Design, Engineering, Science and Paramedical courses. These programs give a competitive edge to our diploma holders to start their careers at an early age of eighteen and continue to pursue the graduation in their relevant fields. On completion of most of the Diploma programs the students are eligible for direct admission to the second year of their respective degree programs. Option of pursuing degree with distance education adds to the bonus of Degree, Diploma and a job with two years experience at the end of five years post S.S.C. Monitored Internship training is a compulsory part of every program which gives the necessary skill proficiencies and confidence to the student to take on her new job. Although we conduct intensive and rigorous programs, the curriculum in the Institute also includes development of soft skills through Personality Development and Yoga. The Institute has an N.S.S. Cell and provides ample opportunities to the students for participation in various Co-curricular as well as Extra-curricular activities for their holistic growth.
- Diploma in Administration Services
- Diploma in Apparel Manufacture & Design
- Diploma in Electronics
- Diploma in Food Technology
- Diploma in Interior Design
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Travel & Tourism
- Diploma in Jewellery Design & Manufacture
The N.S.S. Unit of P.V. Polytechnic inculcates the spirit of social service among the students. It inspires, guides and involves the students of various departments in going to the villages in Maharashtra, with a purpose to serve the society at large, by organizing free medical check-up camps, blood donation camps etc. It also organizes training sessions for underprivileged women of rural area to make them capable of earning a living
Community Development through Polytechnic :
Premlila Vithaldas Polytechnic was selected by the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi, for implementing their scheme of Community Development through Polytechnic (CDtP) in September 2009. An Initial Stage Grant of Rs. 10.25 lakhs (Rs. 4.25 lakhs: Recurring grant and Rs. 6.00 lakhs: Non- Recurring grant) was received in December, 2009.
The Community Development Cell was, then, set up in the Polytechnic to provide an interface between the community and the institution so that Science and Technology inputs can be transferred to the weaker section of the community through free, short term, vocational training programmes offered in different skills and the support services could be organized later. This cell also aims at sensitizing the students and the faculty of the Polytechnic towards the current problems of the community.
Highlights of the Event:
- University song and lamp lighting was followed by induction of all the present Charter members.
- Formal induction of the existing committee members, Ms. Snehal Joshi, President; Ms. Archana Malpathak, Vice President; Ms. Sangita Warankar, Treasurer; Ms. Sini Alexander, Joint Treasurer; Ms. Madhura Nene, Secretary and Ms. Kavita Mittal, Joint Secretary.
- Motivating & inspiring speech by Ms. Varsha Jain, Principal In-charge P.V. Polytechnic addressing to all the present alumnae. She also explained the need of establishing the PVP Alumane Association and procedure followed for the same by establishing a committee. She read out the objectives of the association and requested all the members to give their whole hearted support and contribution.
- Induction of Co-opted members Ms. Kajal Anand – Alumna from Dept. of Administration Services, Ms. Meenal Rane – Alumna from Dept. of Pharmacy, Ms. Darshini Desai – Alumna from Dept. of Ophthalmic Technology, Ms. Moha Kamat – Alumna from Dept. of Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Present alumnae from each department shared their experiences. Ms. Sonali Bhagwate from Food Tech. remembered her days in the College and showed her heartfelt gratitude to the staff and supporting staff of Food Technology department. Ms. Sonia from Electronics could not hold her tears while sharing her experiences in the college. Ms. Meghana from Pharmacy department, who is also a staff now, shared how she enjoyed being in the college and how her new role as a faculty in the college is giving her an altogether new experience and enjoyment. Ms. Jasmine from AMD department, who is also an In-charge of the department now, shared how the course has helped her professionally and shared her experiences with the present members. Ms. Mellory Sequeira from DAS shared how the course has helped her in developing her career and expressed her delight at formation of Alumnae Association of P V Polytechnic. Ms. Moha Kamat & Ms. Ketki Sarmalkar from D.M.L.T. shared their warm experiences in the college and specifically in the department which keeps them connected to the Institute.