Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel College of Engineering
B/H S.T Depot,VASAD-388306
Become More Student Focused
Constantly Upgrade Curricula to Meet Needs of the Society.
Hire, Motivate and Reward Superior Faculty Members
Develop Post Graduate Programs and Increase Research and Scholarly Activities
Communicate and Collaborate More Effectively with Society
Develop a Service-Oriented, Responsive & Accountable Administration
Maintain and Further Develop Modern Facilities
Follow Thoughts of Sardar Patel in Letter and Spirit that â€œEducation without Character
Right from the establishment of SVIT the Civil Engineering department came into existence since 1997 with initial intake of 60. Subsequently master course was started in the field of Structural Engineering in 2011 with the intake of 18. The department is well equipped with the state-of-art laboratories and highly qualified faculties. Majority of them possess doctorate degree from reputed institutes like IITs , NITs etc. The department is also an authorised schedule-I Auditor for Environmental Audit by Gujarat Pollution Control Board. This discipline scales the newer heights every year because of its qualified and eminent faculty members and skilled supporting staff. By organizing various extra and co-curricular events, department has contributed in generation of technologically skilled human force in the national integrity. Numbers of research publications are observed in diversified domains by our eminent faculty members. The department is well known across their excellent performance across the country.
Right from the establishment of SVIT, Mechanical department was started in 1997 with intake of 60 students. Mechanical department is well equipped with workshop and laboratories. Now we have intake of 120 students in B.E. Mechanical since 2010. And we also have post graduation in mechanical CAD/CAM branch since 2010 with intake of eighteen students.
Electrical Engineering Department was established in 1997-98, approved by AICTE and affiliated with Gujarat Technological University, Gujarat. From academic year the intake is doubled to 120 at UG level and department has started PG course ME in Power System with 18 intake.
The Department has well qualified staff members, state of art laboratories with latest software’s like: PSCAD, MATLAB, ETAP, NEPLAN, PowerWorld Simulator for Electrical Engineering applications, High Voltage Laboratory, Electrical Machines Laboratory, Power Electronics & Power System Protection Laboratory.
Computer department was started in 1998 with intake of 60. This department are well equipped with the state-of-the-art laboratories. These discipline scales the newer heights every year because of its qualified and eminent faculty members and skilled supporting staff. By organizing various extra and co curricular events departments have contributed in generation of technology.Number of research publications is observed in diversified domains by our eminent faculty members. The departments is well known for their excellent performance.
Information Technology Department at SVIT, Vasad made a modest start in late nineties in the field of Engineering and Technology. The Bachelor of Engineering course in I.T Department started in 1998 with vision of providing quality education and skilled manpower to the Industry with the Initial intake of 40 seats. The department started expanding the wings by increasing the intake to 60 seats in 1999. Looking at the future potential of this discipline and the increasing manpower requirements for the technology in country, the intake went on increasing to 90 seats in 2001 and to 120 seats in 2011. The biggest achievement of the department came in 2009, when the I.T department was accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Electronics & Communication Engineering:
The department has fifteen glorious years of excellent service, started with U.G. course 40 seats in 1999 and it has now outnumbered the strength of 120 seats in U.G. and P.G. course with 18 seats in 2010. The department has highly skilled faculty members who have completed P.hd, pursued P.hd. & Master degree in different courses of core electronics. Some of the faculties have also been published their books in their respective fields. The department has also its own library and a separate PCB designing laboratory equipped with latest instruments and software. Department also arranging workshop for the students and the faculty members, which are useful for them to be upgraded with the latest trends.
Instrument & Control Engineering:
Instrumentation & Control Engineering Department was established in 2001 with intake 60 affiliated with Gujarat Technological University, Gujarat. The Department has well equipped laboratories with latest instruments and software’s such as : LABVIEW, MATLAB and PSIM Simulator
Department has highly skilled faculty members who are pursuing Phd and M.E/M.TECH in different courses of core in Instrumentation. Department has its own library with good reference books,magazines,journals and wide collection of various teaching methods including model, technical chart, transparencies for better understanding of students. Different types of Seminar, Expert lecture’s and workshop are organized under ISA Student Chapter in I&C Department.
Started in 2003 the Department of Aeronautical Engineering has over the years adapted and improved with the fast pace of technology. A sincere and hardworking student body and wholehearted support of the dedicated faculty have contributed in no small measure to the professional successes enjoyed by a good number of individuals who graduated from this department. The department has been continually changing and evolving to meet the needs of modern industry and to train its students to pursue their goals with concentrated determination that has led former students to the greatest heights in their endeavor no matter what responsibility they choose to assume. With rapid changes in the professional world the department has also focused on the drawing of the information age and has conducted new workshops and laboratory facilities.
Master of Computer Applications:
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) started in year 2003 with intake of 60 students. Most of Faculty with SVIT, Vasad having more than 5 years of academic experience and three faculties having Doctorate degree and one is perusing.
- Apart from regular facilities of classrooms, laboratories, workshops, conference hall and staff rooms. SVIT provides for its students canteen, bank counter, stationary store, telephone booths, photocopiers etc.
- An independent library with an extensive range of over 18441 books, and subscription of about 154 periodicals and journals.
- Career guidance programmes and placement of outgoing students are effectively looked after by the Training & Placement
- Lectures delivered by experts under the TECHSAT program(organized by Gujarat Council of Science and Technology GUJCOST) are received by satellite communication.
- For Conducting activities such as industrial visits, in-plant training, sports, computer training, technical presentations(with LCD/multimedia projector), communication skills, development, etc.
- A computer center with 1 mbps internet micro-wave link and an intranet using Linux and Windows NT(Novel Netware) as OS.
- A forum called Edge â€˜Ucator gives opportunities to students for bringing out their talent in public speaking, knowledge of current affairs, etc.
- A well-knit alumni association for students to ensures bondage among the Student fraternity.
- Hostels-Both NEST and SVIT help and guide every student for residential accommodation; NEST has made separate arrangements for girl students.
- Literacy and Debating Society conducts programmes for overall development of students and enhancing their skills through debates, elocution, quizzes and other similar in-house activities.
- Workshop kit storage arrangement is made to save money and botheration to carry it daily to workshop and home.