Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram
Master’s degree (A five-year degree after +2 level) in Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences/ Mathematics/ Bioinformatics/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS). The qualifying degree should have been obtained within 5 years as on January 1st, 2018.
The applicant must have a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 on a scale of 10, or equivalent. According to your mark list if your CGPA is not calculated on a scale of 10, please convert the CGPA to a scale of 10 and enter in the space provided. Please mention this in the remarks column [See point-1 under the heading “Important Points” below for relaxation in the eligibility criteria].
Qualified candidates :
GATE (EY) qualified candidates are eligible only for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour. GATE exam scores for other subjects will not be considered for PhD admissions to IISER-TVM.
Candidates who appeared for the JGEEBILS 2017 test are eligible to apply. JGEEBILS candidates will be shortlisted based on the marks provided by the JGEEBILS examination organizers.
It is mandatory for all the candidates to submit a short research proposal of 300-400 words, which should clearly state a research problem you find interesting to address and how you approach towards solving this. While applying online, please upload this proposal under the section “Statement of Purpose”. Please note: This proposal does not need to be related to the research ongoing at the School of Biology IISER-TVM. The proposal will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude and will be a major criterion for short-listing candidates for the interview. Your application will be treated as incomplete if you do not submit the short research proposal.
The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences with 60% marks or equivalent [See point-1 under the heading “Important Points” below for relaxation in the eligibility criteria].
The candidate must have qualified CSIR-UGC-JRF/GATE examinations valid as on 1st January 2018 or DST INSPIRE Ph. D. fellowship [See point-2 under the heading “Important Points” below for INSPIRE Ph. D Fellowship].
- Inorganic and organometallic chemistry
- Organic synthesis, Medicinal chemistry, Carbohydrate chemistry, Chemical Biology
- Organic Synthesis/DNA Nanotechnology/Supramolecular Chemistry
- Solution and solid-state NMR spectroscopy
- Inorganic & Materials Chemistry
- Development of new synthetic strategies, C–H activations and Asymmetric catalysis
- Planar pi-conjugated and extended macrocyclic systems
- Photochemistry, Photophysics, Nanomaterials, Nanoclusters
- Biomass conversion
- Hybrid inorganic-organic materials chemistry
Master’s degree in Physics, Materials Science, Engineering (Biomedical, Instrumentation, Electrical, Electronic, and Communication Engineering), in areas closely related to the interests of the physics faculty at IISER TVM. 60% marks or equivalent is mandatory.
Qualifying in one of the following national level examination with validity as on 1st January 2018: GATE#/CSIR-UGC-JRF/JEST-2017/INSPIRE Ph.D. Fellowship.
- FET based biological neural activity mimicking and 2D Nanohybrids Design
- Biomedical instrumentation and imaging: photoacoustic microscopy and tomography
- Multifunctional nanostructured materials and energy applications
- Dimensional layered nanomaterials
- Engineering electron flow in two-dimensional systems
- Transport in nanoscale devices
- Random lasers, PT symmetric Optics and Photonic crystals
- Online Application will be available at http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd from– 9th September 2017
- Last date of receipt of the application form-10th October 2017
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates on the Institute’s website http://www.iisertvm.ac.in- 20th October 2017
- Interview for the short-listed candidates in Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences- 20– 24th November 2017
click above to download
the admission notification
click above to download