Punjab Agricultural University
Last date: 24th January, 2018
The Punjab Agricultural University was established in 1962 to serve the state of erstwhile Punjab. It was inaugurated by Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, Prime Minister of India on July 8, 1963. On trifurcation of Punjab in November 1966, Haryana Agricultural University was carved out of PAU by an Act of Parliament in February 1970. Later, in July 1970, Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidalya was established. In 2006 the College of Veterinary Science was upgraded to become Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Science University (GADVASU) at Ludhiana. The Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) is located in Ludhiana city (Punjab State) in north-west India at a distance of 316 km from New Delhi. It is well connected by road and rail with the national capital. Situated on the Ludhiana – Ferozepur Road, the University covers an area of 1510 acres on its main campus and 4615 acres at the regional research stations. Modeled on the pattern of land grant colleges in U.S.A., the PAU performs the integrated functions of teaching, research and extension in agriculture, agricultural engineering, home science and allied disciplines. The University have well equipped laboratories, library and lecture rooms and elaborate farm facilities. Hostel accommodation is available in the university hostels for single students. Married students, if accompanied by their family members, will have to find accommodation outside the campus.
- An overall credit point average (OCPA) of 7.00 (out of 10.00) or 70% marks or equivalent at master’s level in the respective or related discipline and an OCPA of 5.50 (out of 10.00) or 55% marks or equivalent at the Bachelor’s level
- 5% marks are reduced for candidates belonging to reserved categories i.e. SC/ST and BC at (Bachelor’s and Master level)
- Only those candidates who are residents of Punjab or Union Territory of Chandigarh are eligible for seeking admission to all Undergraduate, Masters’ and Diploma programmes except for MBA Programme for which 85% seats are filled from candidates with state domicile and 15% from other states.
- The admission to Ph. D. programmes shall be on All India basis.
- Candidates should reach the venue mentioned in the Admit Card at 9.00 a.m. sharp on the day of Entrance Test. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the Examination Centre without Admit Card.
- The candidates appearing in qualifying examination in the current year can also apply for admission. The eligibility of all the candidates and the original certificates/provisional degree certificate, notificaticn of qualifying examination will be checked at the time of counselling only.
- All fresh Admissions to Undergraduate, Masters’ and Diploma programmes will close on 04.08.201 7. Ph. D. admissions will close on 24.01.2018.
- The candidates reporting for counselling/interview after the scheduled time shall be treated as absent.
- The counselling will be conducted merit-wise/rank wise. If a candidate misses the 1st counselling, h e/ she can attend the subsequent counsellings merit-wise on the prescribed date, subject to availability of seats.
click above to download