Jawaharlal Nehru University
Last date: 30th December, 2017
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi
Biotechnology is a multi- disciplinary area in the educational scene and programmes have been developed to meet the growing demand for trained manpower for any meaningful Biotechnology activity. The Government of India has allotted high priority to development in the area of Biotechnology and its exploitation in agriculture and other related disciplines. Jawaharlal Nehru University will hold Combined Entrance Examination for admission to:-
M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology Programme being offered at the following participating Universities:
- Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
- Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P. Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Raipur
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur
- Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur (Maharashtra)
- Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhuba
ASSAM AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, JORHAT:
The Department of Agricultural Biotechnology was established in 1989 at Assam Agricultural University, the oldest Agricultural University in the North East of India. This Department, supported by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt of India, has been conferring M.Sc. degree in Biotechnology ever since its inception and from 2010-11 and now offers Ph.D. degree for students with both Agricultural and non-Agricultural sciences background. The Department has of 15 faculty
members, majority of whom have been well trained abroad on different areas of Biotechnology. It also has well-equipped laboratory facilities for Gene Technology, Plant Genomics, Molecular Markers, RNAi, Microbial Biotechnology, Bioinformatics etc. with state of the art equipments
LALA LAJPAT RAI UNIVERSITY OF VETERINARY & ANIMAL SCIENCES, HISAR:
Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Hisar offers post-graduate programme (M.V.Sc) in Animal Biotechnology. Candidates admitted in M.V.Sc. programme are eligible for “studentship at the prescribed rate of Rs. 12,000/- per month” from “Department of Biotechnology” (Human Resources Development Project), Govt. of India. Master’s in Animal Biotechnology comprises of course work (basics and specialized courses of Animal Biotechnology)
and research work in any relevant areas of Animal Biotechnology.
Thrust Areas of Postgraduate course work (M.V.Sc.): Core courses of Master’s degree programme (M.V.Sc.) in
Animal Biotechnology are fundamental of cell and Molecular Biology, Animal cell culture, Reproductive Biotechnology, Principles of Biotechnology, Techniques in Molecular and Genetic Engineering, Basic and applied Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biodiversity, Biosafety and Bioethics, Molecular Forensics, Industrial Biotechnology and Probiotics, Animal Genomics and Feed Biotechnology.
Thrust Area of Postgraduate Research Work (M.V.Sc.):
Post graduate research work covers investigation on livestock genomics, DNA based diagnostics, recombinant DNA technology, gene expression, molecular characterization and phylogenetic analysis of bacterial and viral pathogens, genetic aspect of assessment of quality of oocyte and sperm for “in-vitro fertilization and embryo transfer”, micro-manipulation of embryos, sexing and transfer of embryos.
Department of Animal Biotechnology is well equipped with modern research infrastructure as well as trained and experienced postgraduate faculty of international repute to supervise post-graduate teaching and research.
CERTIFICATES AND OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION:
- Two self attested copies of the Matriculation, Higher Secondary, Pre-University of Indian School Certificate or Senior
School Certificate (10+2) or an equivalent examination certificate, showing the age/date of birth of the candidate;
- A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended;
- Two self attested copies of the statement of marks obtained by the candidate in Senior School, Bachelor’s Degree/
Master’s Degree examination etc; or their equivalent examination;
- Two self attested copies of the Bachelor’s Degree and/Master’s Degree;
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate, if belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
- A Medical Certificate for PWD Candidates; certifying that the disability is not less than 40%.
- Migration Certificate (in original) from the Head of the Institution/University last attended.
- If any information furnished by the candidate in the application form is found to be false, his/her admission, if granted on the basis of such information will be cancelled, ipso facto.
- You fulfil the eligibility requirements as detailed in the Prospectus. You should, appear in the entrance examination only if you fulfil the eligibility requirements for M.Sc. (Agri) Biotechnology/M.V.Sc. Programme. Despite this caution, in case you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria and still appear in the entrance examination, you will do so at your own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that you do not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted to you, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
- Any dispute with regard to any matter relating to admission shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
click above to download