Jawaharlal Nehru University
Lsate date: 30th December, 2017
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi
Biotechnology is a multidisciplinary area on the educational scene and programmes have been developed to meet the growing demand for trained manpower for any meaningful Biotechnology activity in the country. The programmes are designed to expose the students to recent exciting developments in the area of genetic engineering and biotechnology and their exploitation in industry, agriculture and medicine.
Biotechnology on behalf of following participating Universities:
- University of Allahabad, Allahabad, (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri (M.Sc. in Bioresource’s Biotechnology)
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (M.Sc. in Molecular & Human Genetics)
- University of Calicut, Kerala (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Goa University, Goa (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Gulbarga University, Gulbarga (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY, TAMIL NADU (13 seats):
The CAS in Marine Biology is a reputed marine research institute in India, actively engaged for the last 57 years in teaching, research and extension with an ideal location and easy access to different coastal biotopes such as estuary, mangroves, backwaters and nearshore waters. It has made rapid strides in various facets of marine sciences. This centre was started as a field laboratory for the Department of Zoology, Annamalai University in 1957 and was recognized for its outstanding research contribution by the University Grants Commission (UGC) as the Centre of Advanced Study in Marine Biology in 1963 and the UGC continued to extend its generous assistance till date through SAP and Potential of Excellence in Particular Area (CPEPA) in Marine Biology. Recently, Annamalai University has been accredited with “A” Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of UGC. The University has become State University under
Annamalai University act 2013.
BABA GHULAM SHAH BADSHAH UNIVERSITY, RAJOURI (J&K) (13 Seats):
In 2008, the School of Biosciences and Biotechnology started running a 4 semester, full time Master’s Programme on Bioresources Biotechnology to generate manpower skilled in various aspects of Biotechnology and Bioresources. The wedlock between Bioresources and Biotechnology is aimed at equipping students for raising value added products from the Bioresources. The syllabus, besides covering all important aspects of Biotechnology such as Cell and Molecular Biology,
Biomolecules and Microbial Physiology and Genetics, Enzymology and Biochemical Techniques, Genetic Engineering, Genomics and Functional Genomics, Bioenergetics and Metabolism, Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, Biology of immune System, Bioprocess Engineering and Technology and Animal and Plant Biotechnology, also has papers on Plant and Animal Bioresources, Characterization, Evaluation and Exchange of Bioresources and Bioresouces; Assessment, Threats and Conservation. Faculty in the School is such that all these areas are competently taken care of. Besides the residential faculty, the students are able to interact with eminent workers in the field who visit BGSBU. The students also make trips to important Centers of learning.
- A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended;
- Two self attested copies of the statement of marks obtained by the candidate in Senior School, Bachelor’s Degree/
Master’s Degree examination etc; or their equivalent examination;
- Two self attested copies of the Bachelor’s Degree and/Master’s Degree;
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate, if belonging to SC/ST/OBC category
- A Medical Certificate for PWD Candidates certifying nature & percentage of disability issued by the competent medical
- Migration Certificate (in original) from the Head of the Institution/University last attended.
- If any information furnished by the candidate in the application form is found to be false, his/her admission, if granted on the basis of such information will be cancelled, ipso facto.
- You fulfil the eligibility requirements as detailed in the Prospectus. You should, appear in the entrance examination only if you fulfil the eligibility requirements for M.Sc. Biotechnology programme. Despite this caution, in case you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria and still appear in the entrance examination, you will do so at your own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that you do not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted to you, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
- Any dispute with regard to any matter relating to admission shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only
click above to download