Seth Jai Parkash Polytechnic
DAMLA, Yamuna Nagar – 135 001
Seth Jai Parkash Polytechnic, Damla (Yamuna Nagar) owes its existence to the munificence of Seth Ashok Kumar, Chairman, Managing committee, who has established it in the sacred memory of his father, Late Seth Jai Parkash Ji, an eminent industrialist and philanthropist of northern India. Seth Mukand Lal ,grand father of Seth Ashok Kumar ,an ardent Gandhian founded a chain of institutions of knowledge and human services .his worthy son Seth Jai Parkash not only nourished these but extended the sphere by opening more institutions at Yamuna Nagar, Radaur, Ghaziabad, Damla and Jalandhar. Seth Jai Parkash polytechnic Damla is another link in the glorious chain of 30 institutions being run and looked after by this generous family.
The institution is having well qualified and experienced staff in respective disciplines ,who mould the students to concrete as a result they project themselves in this competitive world. Principal is assisted by well qualified team of H.O.D’s ,Sr. Lecturers and other teaching & non teaching staff of the institute. The staff is always willing to anchor and co-operate in various co-curricular activities taking place in the institute time to time.Seth Jai Parkash Polytechnic Damala (Yamuna Nagar) starts in the cradle and continues till the coffins .the polytechnic is situated at a distance of about 8 kilometers from, Yamuna Nagar on Kurukshestra road and approximately 190 kilometer from Delhi. The most bewitching feature of the institute is the vast landscapes and rural greenback drop of fields.
- Computer Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Electronics & Instrumentation
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Industry Institute Interaction Cell:
The cell was established in 1991 to bring enhanced relevance of the education and training program under the charge of Training and placement officer. To keep with the rapid technological advancement in industry. A wide variety of activities has been taken up in collaboration with industry to improve the quality of passouts .The scope of the scheme is to promote industry-institute interaction in improving the quality of passouts .All concerned have freedom to think of additional inputs from industry, relate them to functions of technical education system ,ultimate outcomes and system improvement.
Some of the major activities in the area of industry-institute interaction are:-
- To integrate industrial training and other inputs from the industry with the teaching learning process in the polytechnic.
- To acquaint Polytechnic teachers with the current industrial practices and techniques in the areas of specialty.
- To acquaint the industry with the program of technician education and their implementation aspects.
- To offer consultancy and testing to solve industrial problems
- To assist the industry in the selection of suitable candidates to fill up job positions through campus interviews and provide career guidance to students.
- To collaborate with board of apprenticeship training and the industry for the training and placement of polytechnic products.
- The students are exposed to industrial environment, machinery equipment’s ,manufacturing process and field practices. The minimum two industrial visits are planned in each semester.
The institutes Workshops are fully equipped with Modem Gadgrets which frame the students more practically. To strengthen the technical skill institute is providing latest machinery, thus giving impetus for future development to meet the objectives of curriculum
The institute Library is an example of classification and cataloguing practice. We have a very rich technical library with about 13 thousand Books and Nearly 15 journals coming every month. It helps add to the knowledge of staff and students about the recent development in various fields. This is the only library in state Haryana having open access system for students.
He institute has adequate hostel facilities with all modern amentities. There are total three hostels for both boys and girls. The intake capacity of hostel is given below .