THADOMAL SHAHANI ENGINEERING COLLEGE
P. G. Kher Marg, (32nd Road),
TPS-III Off Linking Road.
Bandra (West), Mumbai – 400 050.
+ Tel: +91 – 022 – 2649 5808, 2648 88 30
+ Fax: +91 – 022 – 2605 3590
Established in 1983, Thadomal Shahani Engineering College is founded by the Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board. Thadomal Shahani Engineering College (TSEC) is recognized by the Government of Maharashtra. This college is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Affiliated to the University of Mumbai, TSEC is graded as an ‘A’ grade educational institution. It offers a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) Degree program in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering. The College also offers instructions at the M.E. level in Computer Engineering (25 seats). Of these branches Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Information Technology branches are accredited at the degree level by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of the AICTE. We have applied for Re-Accreditation of all existing branches for a period of Five years.
Electronics and Telecommunication
Chemical Engineering Department:
Biomedical Engineering :
We are having spacious Library having more than 31674 technical books. The library subscribes to National/International Journals/ Periodicals/magazines. Currently there are subscriptions to 122 magazines including national and international journals. The College has also joined e-resources (International Journals) through INDEST / SD – AICTE consortium essentially to facilitate academic research in the campus. Digital library practices are getting foot hold and library is getting fully automated and it is giving Open Access to all concerned
Two seminar Halls with audio- visual systems and having a capacity of 125 seats each.
Well equipped laboratories with the contemporaneous and state of art devices and systems to enable syllabus oriented experimentation and academic research.
Canteen facility for hygienic and cost effective food
Wi-fi and 3G communication enabled campus
Spacious student lounge and libraries
Courteous and caring auxiliary staff
Neighborhood medical facility
High degree of parental facilitation, continual information about ward’s performance sensitization of their performance index
TSEC Students’ Council:It is a student body of the college which overhauls the working of cultural events in and out of the college. It is the core committee associated with the Dr Ashwini Kunte and Principal Dr.G.T.Thampi. “Trifles” is one of the largest engineering cultural festivals held in Mumbai, which the TSEC Students’ Council hosts every academic year. The auditions for National-level award winning Street Play, Fashion Show and Dance Team are held by Students’ council. The intra-level festival Avalanche, Traditional Day, Leadership Meet and BE Farewell are also planned and organized by this committee that pledges to make sure that enjoyment and opportunities are guaranteed to each individual.
IITSEC Sports Committee:It is the sole body responsible for encouraging various athletes, sportspersons and enthusiasts. Committee has become very active under the guidance of Dr Ashwini Kunte and Principal Dr.G.T.Thampi. The inter-collegiate festival “Yudh” has been hugely successful in making its mark amongst the best sporting events in Mumbai. The massive participation that this event receives explains its popularity in and outside college. Also Invictus is the intra level festival that the Sports committee organizes. In this event that unites every branch as the students across the four years vie for the best branch trophy and budding sportspersons are given recognition. The TSEC football, cricket, basketball badminton, throw ball, carom and chess teams that involve both girls and boys are managed by this committee.
- Book Bank
- Digital Library
- Reference Services
- Focusing and practicing:
- Product and processes innovation
- Leveraging human cognitive and behavioral science for creating instructional content
- Pervasive and ubiquitous Information Communication Technologies for customized content for learning
- Acknowledge and facilitate various learning styles and learning abilities
- Migrating from teaching paradigm to learning paradigm
- Every day discourse shall inculcate research culture and further the cause of societal advancement
- Understand various markets and cultures
- Collaborative learning and emotional integrity
- Sensitizing about opportunities in Energy, Education, Environment and Health care sectors
- Extensively promoting computer aided design,analysis and manufacturing procedures
- Theoretical rigor to develop conceptual clarity
- Modeling and design of experiments to inculcate culture of investigation
- Helping foot print on Project management and collaborative human endeavor
- Interdisciplinary studies and exposure to functional areas
- Contributing to evolving supply chain of human capital for National Economy
- Creating entrepreneurs and ‘game changers’ to support heightened level of economic activities underpinning ever increasing human aspiration
- Helping the Nation evolve as a total solution provider
- Value and wealth creation for the mankind