Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Nursing
GST Road, Chinna Kolambakkam, Palayanoor PO,
Kancheepuram Dist-603 308
The Karpaga Vinayaga Educational trust (KVET) was founded in the year 1993 by philanthropic spurts exerted by Thiru.S.Regupathy, Honorable former minister for state for home in association with a group of like-minded patrons who are best regarded for their bountiful services to the promotion of education. Having established an arts and science college of excellence and reputed engineering college renowned Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Science (KIDS) the trust deemed it fit to start a medical college and the Karpaga Vinayaga institute of medical sciences (KIMS) took birth with the vision of ensuring high quality patient service, the Karpaga vinayaga College of Nursing (KVCN) bloomed in 24/09/2010. The institute was established under the auspices of Karpaga Vinayaga educational trust at GST Road, adjacent to NH-45, nearby Maduranthagam, Kancheepuram Dt, in Tamilnadu. KVCN occupies the sprawling area of 7.59 acres with independent college building along with allied necessary structures like boys and girls hostels, hygienic canteens modernized gymnasium etc.This is a self-financing co-educational college dedicated to the teaching/training of nursing students. The curriculum and school leadership are provided by the Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R. medical university, Chennai.
B. Sc (Nursing)
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Child Surgical Nursing
- Obsterics and Gyneacology Nursing
Community Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nurisng
- Separate department Libraries
- Nursing Books- 4987
- Medical CDs- 60 Nos
- Audio Visual Equipment, Internet and Repographic Facilities
- Spacious and well ventilated class rooms
- Central library with 5000 Books on Medicine and Nursing
- KVCN provides separate hostel facilities for girls and Boys in a secured environment. Hostel buildings are located close to the college with in the campus.
- All the hostel rooms are well furnished. Free internet facility and well furnished study rooms are available within the hostel premises.
- Medernized and hygienic dining rooms are availble.
KIMS has four museums one each for Anatomy, Forensic Medicine, Pathology And Dental College.
- More than 350 Numbers of dissected specimens
- More than 150 Numbers of embryology specimens
- More than 300 Number of Osteology speimens
- More than 200 Numbers of Models & Charts
- Four well furnished and spacious Lecture Halls each with a seating capacity of 200
- Seminar Halls for each department
- StudentsDemonstration rooms at each department
- Hall equipped with latest Audio-visual equipment like OHPs, LCD projectors, Computers, Cordless Micro phones etc.
The dissection Hall in KIMS well equipped to accommodate around 150 students at a time. It is well ventilated and lighted with 20 stainless steel dissection tables and a Modern Embalming Lab. There are articulated skeletons, wet specimens, models, charts and facilities to keep full cadavers and wet specimens.
Sports Complex is spread over an area of 36,000 sq.mtrs, with facilities for Football, Volley ball, Basket ball, Tennis and Cricket at the same time in different venues.
KIMS has an ultra-modern gymnasium with high-tech equipment. The gymnasium has been refurbished recently and new equippment like digital electronic treadmills have been added to the impressive setup.The new Gymnasium is a fine recreational facility with a fully equipped weight-training section and a qualified kineticist
Co-operative Stores & Canteen Facilities:
All stationery and general items are available in the stores. Apart from these eatables, cool drinks, ice creams etc., are also available