VIT ENGINEERING COLLEGE
Last Date: End of April 2018
Tamil Nadu, India
VIT University was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students.
Number of Questions:
- PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) – 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
- PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) – 120 questions ( Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
No Negative marks for wrong answers
SELECTION OF VITEEE QUESTION PAPER:
Candidates are requested to give utmost attention during VITEEE Question paper selection (PCME / PCBE)
- PCME – Candidates appearing in PCME is eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes as per the VITEEE ranking
- PCBE – Candidates appearing in PCBE is eligible only for 3 B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes (Biotechnology, Biomedical and CSE with spec. in Bioinformatics) as per the VITEEE ranking
Equating is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates.
Application Filling, Creating Login credentials using email id and mobile number- From November 2017
- Editing the Online Application – upto February 2018
- Slot Booking (PCME/PCBE) and Hall ticket generation –in March 2018 VITEEE-2018 – in April 2018
Online Application Forms : Cost of the Application : Rs.1150/- (inclusive of GST)
- Get ready with the following to submit the online form:
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 10kb – 200kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) / Softcopy (scanned copy) of Signature of the Candidate with 10kb – 200kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG / JPEG format. Selfie photos will not be accepted. Also scanned copy of Aadhar Card/proof of enrolment ID for Aadhar Card is to be submitted, at the time of counselling.
- Online mode(Net banking / Debit card / Credit card) – Do not send the hardcopy of the application form after the process of completion.
- DD / NEFT Mode – It is mandatory for NRI candidates to send the hardcopy of the application form along with the NEFT Transfer copy / Demand Draft of 50 USD (write your name and application no. on the reverse side of DD) after the process of completion.
- All our correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through email only. Therefore, the applicant is requested to get ready with valid email id and Mobile number for contact.
ELIGIBILITY NORMS :
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2018
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State candidates.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2018
All our Admissions are only through Counselling as per VITEEE-2018 ranking. Hence we request the parent/students not to contact any consultants/agents for admission purpose. We have not appointed any consultants /agents for our admissions. For all our admission related information, please refer only www.vit.ac.in website.. Do not follow/believe any other fake websites/blogs/facebook/whats’up messages for VIT admission purpose.
click above to download