Last Date:30th November, 2017
All India Council For Technical Education
New Delhi, India
In accordance with the provisions of the AICTE Act (1987), for the first five years after its inception in 1988, the Minister for Human Resource Development, the Government of India, was the Chairman of the Council. The first full-time Chairman was appointed on July 2, 1993 and the Council was reconstituted in March 1994 with a term of three years. The Executive Committee was re-constituted on July 7, 1994 and All India Board of Studies and Advisory Boards were constituted in 1994-95. Regional Offices of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of India, located in Kolkata, Chennai, Kanpur, and Mumbai were transferred to AICTE and the staff working in these offices were also deputed to the Council on foreign service terms w.e.f. October 1, 1995.
Pragati is a MHRD Scheme being implemented by of AICTE aimed at providing assistance for Advancement of Girls pursuing Technical Education. Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skill and selfconfidence necessary to participate fully in the development process. This is an attempt to give young Women the opportunity to further her education and prepare for a successful future by “Empowering Women through Technical Education
Features of the Scheme:
- Total Number of Scholarship-4000 per Annum ( 2000 for Degree and 2000 for Diploma)
- The candidate should be admitted to 1st year of Degree/Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year through Centralized Admission
process of the State/Central Government.
- The Scholarships for Degree and Diploma are transferable in event of nonavailability
- of eligible applicant in any of the Degree/Diploma level Programme.
- Two Girls Child per family are eligible, who’s family income is not more than 8 lakh per annum during the preceding financial year (in case of married girl, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher will be considered).
- The selection of candidate will be made on merit on the basis of qualifying examination to peruse the respec
- Mark Sheet of standard Xth /XIIth / others as applicable.
- Annual family Income Certificate for the preceding financial year in the prescribed format issued by not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Admission letter issued by Directorate of Technical Education for the admission in Diploma/Degree course.
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of the Institute.
- Tuition fee receipt.
- AADHAR seeded Bank Pass Book in the name of the student indicating Account number, IFSC code and Photograph
Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC category.
- AADHAR Card
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount, if found false at any stage.
click above to download